Thursday, June 16, 2011

office! oops, I forgot

before: the mess that was the studio I never worked in and often wept over
every paper, bit, bob, and stitch removed from the studio to our dining room!
hanging shelves with Deniz (the professional organizer who helped me). A friend won a makeover of a room and she gave it to me! Tells you what she thinks of my organizational powers! Deniz went to Ikea for me and she took all the things that were to be donated or recycled and dealt with them. Amazing!
et voila! Each box is labelled and has a specific function, like sewing, projects, memory box, office supplies, Rudy, Margot. There is nothing on the surface space which has meant that I have actually been drawing again. Life changing is all I can say. Now on to the bedrooms!
I gave the desk on the right to Rudy and he is very proud of his new "office".

4 comments:

Triona said...

This is incredible!! it's so cleansing and feels especially that way as i sit in a messy, half packed room with a lot of junk that just needs to be chucked!. This could make it into a design sponge before and after.....send it their way.. how amazing and refreshing, here's to lots of drawing, creating, and continued organising!!

sam becca zach and martha said...

wow amazing johanna! that's fantastic!!! ah how lovely to have space to draw and do and create... b xx

Ryan, MK, Anne Hartley, & Weezie said...

It is beautiful! Maybe she could visit a "certain" home in Nashville?

Megs said...

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!