1 - garden / yard / patio
The first three shots were taken in March when we were desperate to get outside and clean up after a long long long winter! You can see why we never wanted to spend any time out here over the past three years! I remember when Rudy was learning to walk he would get so discouraged falling again and again on those awful flag stones with two inches of dirt and weeds between them. Poor guy.
The next 3 shots were taken last week after grass and patio were installed.
Flowers are blooming, the tree has been moved outside and we are so so happy to have an outdoor space that we can enjoy. I have plans for a lot more plants and possibly moving our fig tree to the patio too.
We eat breakfast sitting on the patio and John and I gulp down hot coffee enjoying the birds singing and the kids running through the grass; we get as much time in the sand box before the sun gets too high in the sky and we are run indoors by the heat (really? Yes); we run through sprinklers in the afternoon; share snacks on the grass with out next door neighbors, and by 6pm we put out a blanket and eat supper with plates on our laps and the sun glancing down between the garages.
(Tomorrow I'll post a before and after of my studio / office).
3 comments:
Jo this is fantastic! I love it, well done. s
sounds glorious! well done! So pleased for you. b x
OOh Jo, this makes me so happy and makes my heart sing a little bit for you. xx
Post a Comment