Tuesday, June 17, 2008

S. Louis

Rudy and I spent a week in St. Louis. John came down for the weekend and we went to the zoo with Gran (Papa was in Hungary and England). I am very conflicted about caging animals up in zoos, but I did love seeing the giraffes, the elephants and camels. Such beautiful creatures. Rudy seemed to really appreciate it for the first time too. It was great to see his reaction to the bears and monkeys especially.



We went on a train ride through the zoo little knowing that the beginning of the ride took you through a dark and very noisy tunnel. Here are Rudy's thoughts on the matter -

Happier days...

Gran and Rudy bonding over her fabulous jewelry


Mum and Dad's garden was in full bloom and so relaxing and peaceful. We spent many hours on the porch with cups of tea and the newspaper. Rudy also enjoyed the aftermath of a huge rainstorm - playing in the water filled pots with Gran.

No comments: